To get started with Remote Sensing and GIS in Ecology various options do exist.
- All our data and code examples are based on our book “Remote Sensing and GIS for Ecologists” which can be ordered here:
- Download the software (R and QGIS)
- Get data used throughout our book (Landsat, MODIS and vector data)
- Subscribe to the discussions mailing list to post questions: link to listserv
- An R cheatsheet has been created to ease the overview of relevant R commands – download pdf
- Finally, we recommend to check for updates concerning general software/code news or changes related to one of our chapters.